Monday, March 29, 2010

Brass Monkey

My initial reason for choosing "Brassy Monkey" to label this blog was simply a play on the 1986 Beastie Boys hit song, "Brass Monkey." It contains the word, "brass." Weak, I know. Now, after doing some research, I have coincidentally found an English folk band named Brass Monkey. Their original brass instrumentation included a trombone and trumpet. While scouring through youtube videos, it seems that only the trombonist remains/survives in the group. Here's a taste. Word of warning, they're not great.



In my search for a youtube video for Brass Monkey, I came across the Brass Monkey Brass Band. I plan to do a post on them in the future...


Also, not sure if you guys remember this, but Brass Monkey Brass Band was the group behind the Coca-Cola ads during the 2002 World Cup in Italy.



No comments:

Post a Comment